Fall Into Research
An Evening of Scholarship
Pitt-Johnstown's annual Fall Into Research symposium celebrates the work of faculty, students and collaborators.
This year's event was October 4, from 5-7 p.m., in the Cambria Room of the Student Union.
Fall Into Research showcases the work of faculty and summer students and is an opportunity to learn about research and scholarship opportunities. Posters or other visuals are displayed while faculty and students mingle and discuss their work.
Innovative research topics, including:
- Pitt-Johnstown and Chan Soon-Shiong Medical Center at Windber (formerly Windber Research Institute) student-research partnership
- SPUR Biodiversity summer program
- REU, URP and summer student-research internship recipients
- Research funding recipients, including the Alice Waters Thomas Endowment, College Research Council Grant, Faculty Resource Center Grant, President's Mentorship Fund, and the Sabbatical Grant.
- Sign up via Campus Services. Submit a title only; an abstract is not necessary. Deadline is Sept. 27.
- The deadline for poster submission is Friday, Sept. 29.
- The deadline for submitting a PowerPoint slide to Marsha Grimminger (firstname.lastname@example.org) is Monday, Oct. 2.
- Guidelines for posters are included in the registration. Student posters must be approved by faculty before printing.
- Download the PowerPoint template >
2016 Fall Into Research