Pitt-Johnstown and partners have launched a bold and ambitious initiative – CODE FOR THE COMMONWEALTH – with the goal of enhancing digital literacy for workforce competitiveness, beginning in K-12 and beyond.
- Establish Coding Literacy as a critical component of a complete 21st century K-12 education
- Make computer science accessible for all students, including underserved communities
- Prepare PA K-12 for 21st century workforce
- Create a statewide model for delivering coding education
- Support the PA Department of Education efforts to develop common standards for computer science
- Prepare teachers for 21st century digital literacy
- Serve as a national model for transforming so-called “Rust Belt” areas into digital-age economies